On Tuesday, opening statements in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, an 18-year-old aspiring police officer accused of fatally shooting two men and wounding a third on the night of Aug. 25, 2020, as BLM riots raged in the streets of Kenosha in response to a white-on-black police shooting. Kyle had been hired to look after a business and additionally, he was offering medical care/first aid to anyone injured in the riot.
The FBI surveilled Kyle Rittenhouse by drone during the night of the shooting in Kenosha and they covered up the video for over a year until Human Events obtained it.
While prosecutors have slapped the teen with two counts of homicide and one count of attempted homicide, Rittenhouse has pleaded not guilty to all charges, claiming self-defense.
Now, new footage has emerged which bolsters his case.
I will. In the first photo, we see one of the men bludgeoning Kyle Rittenhouse with his skateboard. In the other two photos, we see a man who—as Rittenhouse is laying on the ground—draws a pistol in an attempt to murder Rittenhouse, only to be shot himself. pic.twitter.com/RPQw8cpQqS— Francis Curt 🇻🇦 (@fcXXXIII) November 2, 2021
The Ambush/Attack on Kyle Ritttenhouse from FreeKyleusa
- Kyle walks north from Ultimate Gas Station and tries to make his way back to CarSource 1 (the business he was helping) but he is blocked by a line of police vehicles.
- Police order Kyle to get away thereby preventing him from leaving the area.
See the map below for additional context.
- Kyle receives a call asking him to put out a car fire at CarSource #2 (same business owner, second location)
- Kyle picks up a fire extinguisher from Ultimate Gas Station and runs approximately three blocks south to extinguish the fire.
- Joseph Rosenbaum sprints ahead of Kyle and hides between two parked cars waiting for Kyle to pass.
- Kyle arrives at the CarSource 2 location with a fire extinguisher in hand.
- Bystanders begin calling for others to attack Kyle.
- Kyle yells “friendly, friendly, friendly”
(The following events took place in less than 10 seconds)
- Kyle reaches the vehicle on fire but abruptly stops when he encounters a 6”5’ man brandishing a handgun named Joshua Ziminski.
- Joshua Ziminski confronts Kyle and moves towards him aggressively with his handgun.
- Kelly Ziminski, Joshua Ziminski’s wife, begins pointing at Kyle and shouts “get him”
- Bystanders are yelling threats and carrying eight-foot steel poles.
- Kyle looks over his shoulder and sees a man rushing towards him with his face covered – that man is Joseph Rosenbaum
- Kyle drops the fire extinguisher and begins to flee from Ziminski and Rosenbaum’s attack.
- As Kyle is fleeing he turns around briefly when Joseph Rosenbaum threw something at him but Kyle did NOT fire. Kyle turned back around and kept fleeing.
- For no reason at all, Joshua Ziminski fired his handgun as Kyle was fleeing from Joseph Rosenbaum.
- Kyle thought he was being shot at so he turned around to find the masked Joseph Rosenbaum inches from him yelling “f**k you” and grabbing for his weapon.