Fragrance your home with a scented candle in a mug – this one is simple to make.
You will need:
- Pre-tabbed wick
- Soy wax flakes
- Enamel cup
- Wooden skewer
- Double boiler or microwave
- Heat-proof jug
- Candle fragrance oil
1. Clean your cup thoroughly with dishwashing liquid and warm water.
2. Measure the height of the wick by holding it next to your cup and add a few centimetres.Attach the wick with double sided tape on the metal tab tyo secure it to the bottom of the cup.
3. Wrap excess wick on a skewer and rest on the rim of the cup to hold it taut.
4. Measure out the wax by filling the cup with the flakes twice, and pour into the jug. This may seem a lot but will reduce once melted.
5. Microwave for one minute, and stir again. If they’re not melted repeat for 20 seconds at a time until all the flakes have melted.
6. If you want to add a scent now is the time. You can buy essential candle oils online. Stir in your fragrance, pour the wax into your cup and leave to set for at least two hours.
Copyright © 2015 theguardian.com. All rights reserved.