If you would like to get into the exciting world of python removal, then the South Florida Water Management District Governing Board would like to have a word with you.
They are looking for a few good men or women to become python removal agents.
According to the job posting, if you qualify, you will be provided with procedural instruction and field identification guides.
In addition, you will be given access to SFWMD lands in Miami-Dade, Broward, Collier and Palm Beach counties.
If you are hired, Python removal agents will be paid:
- A minimum wage hourly rate up to 10 hours daily. Time spent searching for pythons on SFWMD lands must be verified by a GPS tracking app installed on each python removal agent’s iOS or Android mobile device.
- An additional incentive payment of $50 for each python measuring up to 4 feet plus an extra $25 for each foot measured above 4 feet. In the example below, an 8-foot python would pay out $150.
- An additional $200 for each eliminated python found guarding “nests” with eggs
Here’s all you need to get into this exciting field:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a valid email address
- Have access to an iOS or Android mobile device that allows for download and utilization of the required GPS tracking app
- Consent to be tracked using the GPS tracking app
- Sign a waiver of liability
- Have not been convicted of a felony or wildlife-related offense within the last five (5) years
- Consent to submit to a criminal background check
- Consent to using an electronic data collection app
- Must have a bank account and agree to receive all payments by direct deposit
Act fast. The SFWMD is only hiring 25-35 python removal agents. By the way, the SFWMD HAS authorized the use of firearms to remove pythons.