Dad Of Teen Electrocuted Using Phone In Bathroom: ‘My World Just Came To A Stop’

0
2378

Parents in New Mexico are in unimaginable grief after their 14-year-old daughter was electrocuted in the bathtub while using her cell phone. Madison Coe loved to soak in the tub before bed, and she often brought her cell phone into the bathroom to play games or listen to music.

It would appear that it was not the phone that electrocuted the teenager, a cellphone will short circuit and consume all the power, and no electricity will emit from the phone/tablet. However, this case appears to have been the result of the use of an extension cord.

Felisha is a nurse, and Madison’s dad, Logan, is a firefighter and EMT. They performed CPR until paramedics arrived, but it was too late.

Don’t let it be too late to tell the young people in your life that water and electricity do not mix and that a bathroom is the very last place to have live electrical connections. And maybe suggest that a few minutes without a phone is probably good for your mental health as well.