🚨BREAKING🚨— Oversight Committee (@GOPoversight) July 17, 2023
Today, our committee staff conducted a transcribed interview with a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation.
The agent CONFIRMED key portions of the IRS whistleblowers’ testimony, including…
WASHINGTON—House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer issued the following statement after committee staff today conducted a transcribed interview with a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation:
“Today, a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation confirmed key portions of the IRS whistleblower’s testimony. The night before the interview of Hunter Biden, both Secret Service headquarters and the Biden transition team were tipped off about the planned interview. On the day of the Hunter Biden interview, federal agents were told to stand by and could not approach Hunter Biden—they had to wait for his call. As a result of the change in plans, IRS and FBI criminal investigators never got to interview Hunter Biden as part of the investigation.
“The Justice Department’s efforts to cover up for the Bidens reveals a two-tiered system of justice that sickens the American people. The Oversight Committee, along with the Judiciary Committee and Ways and Means Committee, will continue to seek the answers, transparency, and accountability that the American people demand and deserve.”
Below are key takeaways from today’s transcribed interview of a former FBI supervisory special agent.
- As part of the criminal investigation into Hunter Biden, there were multiple witness interviews planned for December 8, 2020. IRS Supervisory Special Agent Gary Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent were assigned to interview Hunter Biden.
- On the evening of December 7, 2020, Shapley and the FBI supervisory special agent learned that FBI headquarters had notified Secret Service headquarters about the planned interview with Hunter Biden. Additionally, they learned the Biden transition team was notified about the planned interview. This was not the original plan by the career agents, which frustrated their investigative efforts because people found out who didn’t need to know.
- On December 8, 2020, Shapley and the FBI supervisory special agent were notified they would not be allowed to approach Hunter Biden’s house and instead would have to wait near his residence until Hunter Biden contacted them.
- The former FBI supervisory special agent told committee investigators he had never been told to wait outside to be contacted by the subject of an investigation.
- As a result of these actions, Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent never interviewed Hunter Biden.
One law for me but not for thee. Have you ever heard of instructions to contact the suspect and wait to hear back? What is this nonsense? More corruption for the Biden Crime Family and its protectors in the unitary Deep State?
Robbie “The Fire” Bernstein is a co-host with Dave Smith of the popular podcast Part of the Problem, as well as his own podcast Run Your Mouth. He joins Bob to walk through the shocking and hilarious moves by Biden officials to downplay recent allegations of corruption.