Including today’s shooting incident at a Texas high school, this year there have already been 22 school shootings where someone was hurt or killed. That averages out to more than 1 shooting a week. https://t.co/DL1wCUAipq pic.twitter.com/Qsw0WlLlJv
— CNN (@CNN) May 18, 2018
CNN #fakenews is at it again, trying to scare up its viewers and disrespecting the true victims of horrible campus murders by lumping them in with accidental discharges, failures to secure weapons, and domestic arguments.
There have been too many school shootings. We all agree on that. The rational amongst us ask ‘why?’ – the irrational cry, “it’s all your fault!” at their enemy of the day.
Here are 13 of the 22 supposed shootings CNN counted in its total:
- April 12, Rayton, MO: Someone fired a gun in the parking lot of a track meet, and a man was wounded.
- April 9, Globersville, NY: A student shot another student with a BB gun.
- March 13, Seaside, CA: A teacher accidentally discharged a firearm during a public safety class. No one was killed.
- March 8, Mobile, AL: A non-student was shot at an apartment on the University of South Alabama campus.
- March 7, Birmingham, AL: Two students were shot accidentally during dismissal time at a school.
- March 7, Jackson, MS: A student was shot at a dorm at Jackson State University.
- March 2, Mount Pleasant, WA: Two non-students were shot at a dorm at Central Michigan University – and police blamed a domestic dispute.
- February 27, Norfolk, VA: A student at Norfolk State University was apparently accidentally shot from an adjacent dorm room.
- February 27, Itta Bena, MS: A non-student was shot at a recreation center at Mississippi Valley State University.
- February 24, Savannah, GA: A non-student shooter shot a non-student victim on the Savannah State University campus.
- February 9, Nashville, TN: A 14-year-old shot a 17-year-old in a targeted murder attempt in a parking lot of a school.
- February 5, Oxon Hill, MD: Two teenagers shot a third teenager in a robbery attempt outside a school.
- February 1, Los Angeles, CA: A 12-year-old girl accidentally shot two 15-year-olds.
- January 31, Philadelphia, PA: A 32-year-old non-student was shot outside a high school after a fight.
- January 20, Winston Salem, NC: A college football player was shot to death on campus at a party.