I’m a big believer that some images do a great job of capturing an issue.
- The essential insight of supply-side economics.
- The Washington welfare morass.
- America’s inescapable demographic challenge.
- The ever-more-confusing tax code.
- How the swamp beat Trump on the budget.
- The left’s view of how insurance should work.
- The one-way street toward liberty.
- The economic incentives of socialism.
Speaking of socialism, let’s look at some more images that reveal the essence of that bankrupt ideology.
Here’s a cartoon from Libertarian Reddit that does a great job of showing the real difference between capitalism and socialism.
Perfectly stated. Reminds me of the insights offered by Thatcher and Churchill.
Sadly, if you provide the statists with real-world evidence, many of them still prefer the world in top-right frame rather than the bottom-right frame.
Heck, the IMF actually publishes studies supporting equal levels of poverty.
As you might suspect, there are plenty of socialists who enjoy the benefits of capitalism while urging statism for everyone else. Think, for instance, about all the leftists who use tax havens.
Or this hipster millennial.
Next is a helpful reminder from Bernie Sanders about the very thin line between socialism and communism.
Though I’m not sure there’s a meaningful difference.
Last but not least, this gem from Libertarian Reddit appealed to my juvenile sense of humor.
Basically the same message you find in the last item in this collection of socialism humor.
This is a guest post by Dan Mitchell.